About This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

Peg's Quotes




If forever is far away and tomorrow never comes— how will I ever find you again”~ Peggy Toney Horton

How do you let go without losing your grip--without falling too far to find your way back.  ~Peggy Toney Horton

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that there is sunshine just beyond this moment of darkness.  ~Peggy Toney Horton

Life is like a big slice of watermelon: though sweet and succulent, it contains many things you’d rather not swallow. The trick is to savor one delicious bite at a time without worrying about what comes next.~ Peggy Toney Horton 

When my father died, I faced, for the first time, the stark reality that there are some things you have to do alone – on your own – in unfamiliar territory with no instruction manual. ~Peggy Toney Horton

Whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul, I shall recall the memory of warm, sunny, late summer afternoons like this one, and be comforted greatly. ~Peggy Toney Horton 


Our love should radiate like the sun, warming everything it touches.~Peggy Toney Horton


How can one awaken to the magnificence of January hoarfrost and witness golden rays of sunshine shimmering through icy trees and not be dazzled by the appeal of a frosty winter morn? ~Peggy Toney Horton 


In dreams, I often visit the home of my youth where so many lovely memories were born. This usually happens when I begin to awaken on chilly mornings and see from my window a landscape of naked trees – their clothing on the ground around them – all crunchy and brown and wet with dew. And when Christmas carols fill the air.  ~Peggy Toney Horton  

I long for a place that exists only in my memory – a cheery spot where my heart is happy and my spirit is free. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

What could be more exciting than an October day - It's your birthday, Fourth of July and Christmas all rolled into one! ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Ah, Lovely October! As you usher in the season that awakens my soul, your awesome beauty compels my spirit to soar like a leaf whirling in an autumn  breeze and my heart to sing like a Heavenly choir. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

“Where did the time go? Yesterday, I was a girl, and today, I suddenly find myself in the autumn of my years with the cold winds of winter breathing down my neck.”   ~Peggy Toney Horton  

As the enchanting song of September whispers in my ear, my passionate spirit yearns for the splendor of its promise. ~Peggy Toney Horton

Surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Laughter is to the soul what sunshine is to a flower.  ~Peggy Toney Horton

“Like a dying ember, the child in us often flares up again when we least expect it." ~Peggy Toney Horton

 As the last curtain falls on a depleted year, a new year pirouettes to center stage with the elegance and charm of a prima ballerina – and delivers the promise of peace, hope, love and joy. ~Peggy Toney Horton 


As the year comes to a close, it is a time for reflection – a time to release old thoughts and beliefs and forgive old hurts. Whatever has happened in the past year, the New Year brings fresh beginnings. Exciting new experiences and relationships await. Let us be thankful for the blessings of the past and the promise of the future. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

At Christmastime, whenever I feel overwhelmed and a little out of sorts, all I have to do is think of my father and the things he'd be doing if he were here – and I smile. ~Peggy Toney Horton 


“Beautiful memories are the glue that holds families together.” ~Peggy Toney Horton 
Magical dreams of yesterday convey the smiles for all of our tomorrows.
                           ~Peggy Toney Horton  

Do what makes you happy; don't be afraid to color outside the lines. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Your mission in life is to determine what You believe—not to accept what someone else tells you to believe. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

The most painful loss is one that allows no time to say, "good-bye." ~Peggy Toney Horton  

My mother’s laughter was infectious - like a cheerful tune that lingers in your mind for the rest of the day.  ~Peggy Toney Horton

The day after two feet of snow paralyzed the eastern United States, the sun shone brightly from clear blue skies and it was as if nothing had ever happened except for the deep snow that covered the ground. Peggy wrote: “This beautiful sunny afternoon reminds me of a child who misbehaves and then looks at his mother with wide eyes and declares, ‘I didn't do it!’" ~Peggy Toney Horton 

 My mother made me all that I am, and she wasn’t always gentle. She molded, prodded, scolded and punished... But just as God uses adversity to refine us and make us stronger, my mother combined exactly the right mix of nurturing and discipline to shape my character.  ~Peggy Toney Horton  

Each New Year, we have before us a brand new book containing 365 blank pages. Let us fill them with all the forgotten things from last year—the words we forgot to say, the love we forgot to show, and the charity we forgot to offer.     ~Peggy Toney Horton 

As the old year retires and a new one is born, we commit into the hands of our Creator the happenings of the past year and ask for direction and guidance in the new year. May He grant us His grace, His tranquility, and His wisdom!  ~Peggy Toney 
Horton 

"When I cease to enjoy what I'm doing, then I shall do something mundane ~ like clean my house."  ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul, but I must confess that I love you only because you are the prelude to my beloved October. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

As I drift through the autumn of my life like a fallen leaf blown about by the winds of time, I sometimes ponder my destiny. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

It is very important that we have the capacity to love many different things or people at the same time. Our love should radiate like the sun, warming everything it touches. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

What is writing, after all, except fumbling in darkness endeavoring to light a candle?   ~Peggy Toney Horton


Ah, how quickly the hands on the clock circle toward the future we thought was far away! And how soon we become our mothers.  ~Peggy Toney Horton
When we are very young, our parents inadvertently program us to be what we eventually become. ~ Peggy Toney Horton  

It usually takes looking back to see how far we've come.  ~Peggy Toney Horton

The mind can't delete what the heart won't let go of!  ~Peggy Toney Horton

No wonder time seems so fleeting when you consider that tomorrow, today will be yesterday!  ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Some people become your friend immediately; others inch their way into your heart a little at a time and never leave.  ~Peggy Toney Horton 

My heart swells with emotion each time I recall the sweetness of my youth!  ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Too often, Death brushes my sleeve as He hurries past ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Iciness enshrouds my body—a foretaste of death’s chill. ~Peggy Toney Horton

Remember sweet sixteen – when all the world was new and your life stretched before you like virgin snow waiting for your footprints?  ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Writing unlocks the heart, mind and soul that we might be receptive to God’s blessings.  ~Peggy Toney Horton 

As I drift through the autumn of my life like a fallen leaf blown about by the winds of time, I sometimes ponder my destiny.   ~Peggy Toney Horton 

At Christmastime, the child in each of us longs to be set free. Deep inside, we yearn for the childlike enthusiasm of long ago, but as adults, responsibilities often prevent us from savoring the season as children do, and sadly, Christmas loses its magic. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Happiness is a butterfly that often hovers just beyond your grasp, then suddenly alights on your shoulder, sits for a spell and moves on.  ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Somehow, I think your first love must be like your first dog—no matter how many come after, you never forget your first. ~Peggy Toney Horton  

I have learned that I must push the pause button occasionally and retreat into that private place in my soul where it is only me and God! ~Peggy Toney Horton

I love the night! It's not uncommon for me to see the light of a new day before closing my eyes on the old one. ~Peggy Toney Horton 

God always provides a pleasant memory to help ease the pain of a bad experience.   ~Peggy Toney Horton 

Even in death, my mother smiled. And she had every reason to do so, for I had become precisely what she hoped I would—her mirror image.  ~Peggy Toney Horton  

Listen. Can you hear it - the hallowed silence that envelops the earth as The Holy Night draws near? ~Peggy Toney Horton 

All Quotes ©2014 Peggy Toney Horton





11 comments:

  1. I love your quotes Peggy! I run across them everywhere. How do you come up with so many? Don't stop. They’re beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quotes Peggy. You got any more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Peggy! How about some more. You should publish a book of quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quotes! Keep quoting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a talent! I love these Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the most talented person I know! You write beautiful stories on many subjects and you also write thought-provoking poems and quotes, you paint lovely pictures, you give to others with your smile. Just being in the same room with you is a delight. I won't sign my name but you know me slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everything your secret admirer said Peggy but he left out one thing. You are beautiful--like a movie star. I would pay to see you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pg slot99 เกมสล็อต ค่าย พีจี ถือเป็นค่าย เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ มาแรงตลอดหลายปี ที่ผ่านมา เปิดตัวใหม่ มาใน รูปแบบเกมสล็อต 3D มีเกมสล็อต น่าสนุกตื่นเต้น ที่นักเดิมพัน ในการเข้าเล่น

    ReplyDelete
  10. สล็อต เว็บ ตรง จากค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชื่อดังอันดับ 1 ที่นักพนันทั่วโลกให้การยอมรับว่าเป็นค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุดตลอดกาลกับค่าย PG SLOT ที่มาแรงที่สุดในปี 2022

    ReplyDelete