About This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

In This New Year



In This New Year, Lord...

Let my eyes see the wonder of
   the stars in the Heavens
And my ears hear only
   that which is good.

Teach my lips to speak gentle
   words of love and understanding...         
And will my heart to give until
    there’s nothing left to give. 

Infect me with happiness so contagious
    that everyone who comes near will
    fall victim to it.
And let perfect love spread throughout the
    land so there’ll never again be discord... 
Or hate.
Or revenge.
              
©2014 peggy toney horton

                
 

6 comments:

  1. Such feeling. You make it seem that this is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely musings, Peggy! Give us more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Peggy. It's so beautifully written. Your true feelings come through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Beautiful Peggy! Words to live by for sure.

    ReplyDelete