About This Blog

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Time
















Down the road, around the bend
Lived a man who was my friend...
He had no wife or other kin,
how lonely this man must have been!

A squeaky porch swing where he sat
swayed back and forth as he stroked
his cat.

Each day I’d pass and wave and
smile, but had no time to stay a while.
Important duties beckoned me,
I had things to do and people to see.

“I’ll visit soon,” I called to my friend
 As on I hurried ‘round the bend.

"I’ll surely do it,”  I averred,
I’ll stop and visit – keep my word!
We’ll  talk and laugh and have a drink
It’s nice to have a friend, I think.

But Time waits for no one – it hurries past
and promises made seldom last.

The news came early by way of phone
My friend had died – all alone.
My heart beat faster when I heard
“If only I had kept my word.”

And now, I visit where he sat, swing
back and forth and stroke his cat.

   ©2016 Peggy Toney Horton~

6 comments:

  1. Love this one, Peg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such food for thought. Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post about chronic about work I Get more help from your post I found so many blogs related to this But do not get that much information also I found some interesting information about Google Play gift cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. เกมสล็อต เล่นเกมสล็อตฟรี ไม่มีคุณค่าใช่จ่ายสำหรับในการเล่น ทดสอบเล่นสล็อต พีจี ฟรีได้เงินจริง โดยเว็บไซต์ ของพวกเรา เล่นสล็อต ทดสอบเล่นฟรี ได้เงินจริงจำต้องเว็บไซต์พวกเรา

    ReplyDelete
  5. สล็อต ไม่ ผ่าน เอเย่นต์ รวมเว็บไซต์สล็อต ยุคใหม่นี้ก็เลยทำให้มีเว็บไซต์สล็อตเกิดมากมาย pg จะให้การพนันทุกบาททุกเงินสามารถคว้ากำไรเป็นกอบเป็นกำกลับคืนไปที่กระเป๋า

    ReplyDelete