About This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Will it Always Be This Way

                                             

        Of these cold and rainy May days, I’ve grown weary;
        Tho' I shout the words out loud, seems no one hears me.
I’m sure God made the sun – to bring our days a lot more fun,
yet they're so dreary!
Expecting sunshine, I arise – none finds its way into my eyes,
I’m disappointed.
To entertain myself, I try - tiresome season, go on by,
I shall ignore you.
I scale a mountain high and wide and look upon the other side –
it is no greener.
Am l to always feel this bad - or will a new day make me glad;
will there be sunbeams?
Will it always be this dour? Or can it change within the hour –
from sad to joyful?
And then, upon a gentle wind the answers come ‘a floating in
ah, sweet surprises!
A sudden floral smell delights, and things begin to feel alright
the birds are singing..
Their days are short and mine are long - how lovely they fill theirs with song while I’m complaining.
©2016 Peggy Toney Horton~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, Peggy! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Peggy! Right on target too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Peg. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pg slot.co ค่ายน้องใหม่ พีจีสล็อต ส่งตรงจากแดนผู้ดีอังกฤษ พร้อมให้บริการแก่ผู้เล่นและนักพนันชาวไทยทุกคนแล้ว พบกับเกมสล็อตออนไลน์รูปแบบใหม่เล่นได้ผ่าน เว็บไซต์เกมสล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  5. ทดลอง เล่น สล็อต ฟรี สล็อตเว็บไซต์ตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ เปิดใหม่ ของทางค่ายเกม pg ของเรา เป็นอีกหนึ่งศูนย์รวม เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่นักเสี่ยงดวงต่างๆนั้นไว้วางใจอย่างมากที่สุดในขณะนี้

    ReplyDelete