About This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Be Gone Sweet Youth!

Be gone, sweet youth
I do not care that you are waning now,
Nor will I whine and beg you stay –
Who needs you anyhow?

Be gone, sweet childhood days of yore
When care was far away,
Even if you could,
I would not beg you stay.

Away, sweet adolescent years
Of discovering love and pain
Even if I wanted to,
I can’t see you again.

Be gone, young wedded years
Of plans and hopes and dreams;
I can’t recall your good points
My memory fails, it seems.

I sampled your sweet offerings
Laughed and loved and cried
But when I felt secure in life,
Then you just up and died!

So, be gone, sweet youth
Take with you all your vows;
I will not whine and beg you stay
Who needs you anyhow?
                                  ~PTH

5 comments:

  1. Nice poem peggy. you have a nack. i like thm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute peg. Makes you think. keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great peg. you keep amazing me. sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaina, Betty, janette, susanFebruary 25, 2011 at 3:25 PM

    peggy, me and four of my friends meet every morning for coffee. the first thing we do is discuss what you wrote the night before. we all love the way you write. we agree that this poem is veyr good. please keep it up. you have a fan club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Gosh, a fan club is exciting! Thanks. I'll try not to disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete