About This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Jonathan

I knew him only as a friend
To say ‘twas more, I’d just pretend
And yet, who knows what might have been

I loved him only as friends do
I’m sure that’s how he loved me, too
Now who can prove that that’s not true?

So near and yet so far were we
As close as we could ever be
For I was thirty-nine, you see
And twenty-five was he.

I hoped that it would never die
This friendship we had, he and I
But then it did ~ Oh how I cried!

Could this have been a friendship
Of a different kind
If my age were his and his were mine?

Might we have been true lovers
At another time
If I’d been only twenty-five
And he’d been thirty-nine?
                    ~pth

5 comments:

  1. did you think you could hide from me peg? I'm still here. I like this late night thing and I'll be checking in.. sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea. your right. I feel different at night too. Can't wait to see your late night posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really know this Jonathan or is it just make believe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this blog. I really like it, especially this one. I'll be back for more.

    ReplyDelete