About This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Remembering You

The days were warm and sunny
In August when we met;
I think it’s kind of funny
How the memory lingers yet
                                 
Of sandy hair and boyish grin
And dancing eyes of blue,
Of wit and charm and winning ways –
Yes, I remember you!

As days went by, we shared so much
Of life and love and dreams and such;
You made my world a rosy hue –
Ah, I remember you!

December brought its chilling winds
By now, we two were more than friends.
We made a snowman, trimmed the tree,
Sat by the fire, you sang to me.

The glory of the springtime brings
Green grass, a flower, a bird that sings.
This year I saw it all anew
Because I was in love with you.

Then summer came and went so fast;
Just like our love, it couldn’t last.
Your head was turned by someone new;
You went away – my heart did, too!

Once more it’s August warm and bright,
I think of you both day and night.
What can I say, what can I do?
It hurts so much remembering you!
                                         pth~


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so beautiful Peggy. I love it.
    Why don't you give us more of your poetry? You do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. charlie@hotmail.comAugust 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM

    I'm speechless Peg. Really good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't keep up with you peg. Your everywhere. I like this poem very much. keep it up. sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! you write so well peggy. Don't ever stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy - you have a real talent! Don't waste it. How about a book of your love poems?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at the comments, Peggy. In baring your own soul, you help each of us to pause and connect with the beauty and the longings inside ourselves.

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I appreciate you more than I can express.

    ReplyDelete