About This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Just One More Day

Please give me ‘til tomorrow
Before you go away
I’d beg, I’d steal or borrow
If only you would stay. 
                 
We’ve been so long together
Our hearts have grown that way
So what’s it matter whether
You stay just one more day?

Just give me ‘til tomorrow
To think and kneel and pray
To let go of the sorrow
That’s plaguing me today.

Then we’ll kiss and say goodbye
I’ll turn and walk away
I promise you I will not cry
Just give me one more day!
                                 pth~


This poem also appears in Page & Spine Literary
 Magazine and the book, Sweet Whispers of Youth


5 comments:

  1. This is really nice. I like your poems very much peg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it again peg. Just when I think you can write no more, you come up with something even better. i like this one. Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one more poem, Peggy. Just one more.

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I like this poem peg. keep em coming. sam

    ReplyDelete