About This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Ghost From The Past




Somewhere in the shadowy beauty of a summer’s day,
Lingering in the humid air like a morning fog                               
Is a lovely memory of summers past.

Of barefoot days and carefree ways~
Of reveling in the wonder of
God’s perfect creation without really noticing;
Certain that youth would always be mine.

But as all things pass, so passes youth~ and now I am
Mired in a world of cares~ with no time to enjoy
The miracle I once took for granted.

But the memory lurks there still
Calling to me like a ghost from the past...
I cannot go back.
Ah, how I wish I could!
                                                 pth~

7 comments:

  1. your sadness comes through in this one peg. we see it in a lot of your writing. and feel it too. Nice! Adele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this feeling before. Good poem. luella

    ReplyDelete
  3. charlie@hotmail.comAugust 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM

    I really like the picture you have with this. It tells the story very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is you peg. all the way. I like it. sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such feeling! very nice peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How old were you when you wrote this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if, in the writing of and giving this poem to others, that you did go back - and helped us all to go back where we long to be too.

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete